30 May 2011

Two little quilts


I finished two little quilts this week. They are simple geometric designs.


The first has two yellow patchwork circles, sashed in bright blue on an improvised patchwork background of green prints and solids.


I quilted with diagonal lines that follow the on-point grid of the yellow circles.


I love how the chevron pattern shines on the white back. The quilt is bound in the same bright blue and measures 41"x44".


I used the rest of my green patchwork and blue sashing for a second modern geometric baby quilt. The quilting is white and follows the grid established by the sashing.


I have to say working with all this kona white was a little bit intimidating. I don't know if it's actually less forgiving than an off-white or print, but the it sure felt that way. Maybe I'll get used to it if I keep at it. The good news for me is that my next project has lots of white, too!


Another bright geometric back and blue binding finish the blanket.
Both blankets are now available in my shop.





Update: The Mod Wheels baby quilt was featured on Modern Day Quilts

16 comments:

  1. I love it! I love the colors and design you used, and how you quilted it is just great. I think the white was a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh looking, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked myself the question, is there anything Dan does that I DON'T like? Answer: No!

    I love both of these little quilts, I love the monochromatic greens you used on their first quilt with the circles, the effect is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I don't know when you find the time to actually complete your quilts!

    Tabatha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chevron straight line quilting on the top one. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting is just wonderful!So are the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous!! My favorite colors, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoh that one with the circles is especially fabulous - cool quilts for cool babies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so great. Love the circles- genius! Wonderful quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Truly original quilts. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have some crazy amazing talent. i saw these two quilts on the fresh modern quilts group on flickr and then your Wed. WIP post all in one day and now i've scrolled back through your posts to August of last year. your stencil quilts are drop dead gorgeous. my eyes and brain are just buzzing from the sheer beauty, creativity, circles and more circles, and fantastic design sense i've seen on your blog. i had no idea that i could get a sugar high from eye candy. thank you for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Incredible! It's so unique. Love the pieced circles, love the patchwork background, love the quilting, love the colors ... well, I guess I just love everything about it. : ) Every detail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, those are both so incredible!! Absolutely love them! Very creative

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are so amazing! love the color selection, perfect for spring and summer days!

    ReplyDelete